- IMPORTANT NOTICE
This is the private policy for www.solespatherapies.co.uk
The policy describes:
- who i am
- How i obtain and use personal data for visitors to this website, and my business customers;
- Who has access to your personal data and what your rights are
My policy is to keep the personal information i receive from this website completely confidential and used solely for internal purpose. I will not share your personal information with any other parties. Please review this policy carefully.
This policy is effective from 30 January 2024
2. ABOUT ME
This website is run by myself, Julie Grant. I run a reflexology and complementary therapy business.
I can be contacted on 07891063557 or [email protected] regarding any questions with this policy. I am the controller of the personal data you provide.
I am registered with information commissioner office(ICO) as a data protection officer.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA I COLLECT
- My reflexology/therapy clients and those who enquire about treatments.
- Users of my website who sign up to the email newsletter;
- Data collected when an order is place from my shop;
I COLLECT THE FOLLOWING DATA FROM YOU;
- I collect information from you when you place an order via the shop page. I may collect your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number.
- If you book any of my treatments i collect information about you on my client consultation form.
- I use third party service, Google Analytics on my website. From this i may collect certain information about your visit, such as the type of browser you use, the date and time you accessed the website and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to this website. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, to help improve and administer the website and it will not be shared with any other party. The information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. I do not make ,and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my website.
- I collect your email address if you subscribe to receive my newsletter. this is managed by mail chimp. Your email address is not shared with any other party. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
- FOR CLIENT ENQUIRES;
- If you send me via email, text or social media messages any sensitive medical/health information, i will only hold and use this if we proceed to treatment, at which time i will require explicit consent from you to hold this data. If we do not proceed to treatment, i will securely erase this information.
- If you book one of my treatments, I will collect information about you on my client consultation form. This information is used to plan your treatments and check for any contra-indications. This information is not shared with any other party, all data is stored securely.
- When a treatment is booked clients will be required to read and sign a privacy notice under the GDPR guidelines. This will be handed to you during your first visit.
4. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information collected on this website,will be used to provide the services you have requested. This will include:
- To quickly process transactions of items purchased via the shop and deliver them to the contact details provided.
- To deliver gift vouchers purchased to the recipient of the gift voucher.
- To attended a therapy appointment with me.
- To publish comments on blog, submitted by the user as requested. If at any time you would like to remove a comment, please contact [email protected] stating the comment you would like removed and this will be done for you within 14 days of your request.
- To improve and administer the website.
5. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
- I am committed to ensuring your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure ,have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information i collect online.
- Your personal information is collected behind secure networks. I am registered as a data protection officer with the information commissioners office(ICO) and adhere to their guidelines on data protection.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
I use the following third party services.
I use third party service, WordPress to publish my website. I use standard WordPress service to collect anonymous information about users activity on the website. For example, the number of users viewing pages on the website, to monitor and report the effectiveness of the website and help improve it .WordPress requires visitors that want to post a comment to enter a name and email address.
Registered members need a cookie to be able to login. This is strictly necessary as WordPress wont work without it, I do not use these types of cookies for visitors to my website.
Visitors who leave a comment on a blog post will have a cookie set on their computer. That is not ” strictly necessary” as its a visitors preference. If you choose to leave a comment on one of my blog posts, this requires a cookie to be placed on your device.
I also use third party cookies.
These are installed by third parties(including Google Analytics)with the aim of collecting information to carry out research into the behaviour and demographics of visitors to my website. I do not gather personal information which could be used to identify or their personal data.
Questions and feedback
I welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send these to [email protected]
This policy was created on 30 January 2024.